Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Lapbooking

If you are wondering what a lapbook is...

This site really helps explain it.


Today Olivia finished working on her dinosaur lapbook.



The flaps/books inside open up to reveal information about the topic.

And here's Georgia's finished dinosaur lapbook...


And here are some of the ones they've made before...

Georgia's Antarctica lapbook (cover, inside, back)

On the back of the Antarctica one she made a game, and four penguins to move around the board. This lapbook was explained on a previous post. http://canterburyacademynews.blogspot.com/2007/02/antarctica-lapbook.html

Olivia's Fennec Fox lapbook



Olivia's Gemsbok lapbook

Georgia's Moose lapbook

They've already been talking about other ones they'd like to make.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hello,

Thanks for skipping on over to chez nous. We are just beginning to have spring, so have just started implementing the "Growing Naturally" along with some friends of ours.
Did you know that Stephanie is my big sister? Isn't she great....she has so many good ideas and her children are scrumptious...I miss them so much.
I would tell you where we live, but for privacy reasons, I'll just tell you that we live in western Maine. Where did you live? We use to live in Sanford. my husbands family lives in Saco, Biddeford, Buxton and OOB.
Take care and thanks again for stopping in.
KKS

Julie said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I just went to a book binding class last night and made a small mini binded book. Now my 6 year old is interested in making a book himself about the universe, I think I'll show him your post and the website and see what he thinks of it.

I'll definitely made one for my 2 year old, I think he would love it!