Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Lapbook, Plants, and Postcards!

Georgia went to soccer last night, but Olivia stayed home. She's had a fever, runny nose, coughing, and other icky stuff. She is getting better though.

Georgia has been working on her dinosaur lapbook. She finished it today.



The girls' plants are starting to sprout. Olivia's actually sprouted two days after planting. Here's what they look like after one week.



We sorted through our postcard collection from our Postcard Kids! club. http://canterburyacademynews.blogspot.com/2008/01/postcard-kids.html We now have over a hundred cards. It is interesting to read about each state and learn things we didn't know about them. And looking on the map to where each sender is from is fun, and helps with learning where places are located in the world. (well, in our country anyway...we haven't traded with another country yet)


Olivia likes the Alaska Bears postcard.



Georgia alphabetized the states.

The girls have gymnastics practice tonight. Olivia will be staying home again, though.

*edited to add: No one went to gymnastics tonight...we spent the evening in the emergency room. I broke my foot.*

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hi!
I found your blog through Unschoolers, and I"m glad I did!
Some of your pics remind me of mine, :), and you are interested and conscious of a lot of the same things that I am.
woohoo!
I'll be back!
Stephanie