Wednesday, March 5, 2008

New Spider Buddy


The girls captured another spider the other day. They made a little home for him and gave him a bug to eat. We searched and searched and we were not able to find out exactly what type of spider he is.

We tried looking in our Insect and Spider book but didn't see him. We also looked on the Ohio Spiders web site http://www.marion.ohio-state.edu/SpiderWeb/mainpage.htm


I could not get a clear enough picture of the spider through the plastic container. And I was not going to open it up and take one, lest he attack me. We kept lifting the lid to get quick peaks of him while we searched. The times we caught bugs and spiders before we used glass baby food jars. They definitely were better at letting us get a glimpse through the jar. They were perfect, in fact. I don't remember where we put them, and we needed something quick. Perhaps when he expires we can study him better, or I'll find the jars and we can transfer him.

No comments: