Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Soccer

The girls had their first soccer class yesterday. They are in seperate classes, and as I suspected, it is mostly boys. I think Olivia had four girls in her class of about 25 kids. Georgia was one of four girls in her class, too.


The girls loved it and had a great time. I wasn't sure how Olivia would take to it at first, since her class was first and she wouldn't be able to see Georgia do it first. (Sometimes that gives her confidence.) But she was excited. She met her coach, which was female, and I am sure that helped. Georgia had the same coach for her class. The kids all seemed to enjoy themselves, with the exception of one little girl in Olivia's class who was crying and didn't want to join the rest of the kids. I looked at Mark and we were both thinking the same thing.....thank goodness Olivia did not react like that....because she very well could have. (Swimming lessons come to mind.)


We took some pictures and a couple quick videos. I still have not mastered taking pictures at the YMCA. Their lighting is horrible for pictures, plus with the kids moving around so fast the pictures are usually blurs. But I keep trying....



Olivia's class, she's in there somewhere


That blur below is Olivia, the arrow is pointing to her.

Georgia's class

(I'm surprised more kids didn't run into each other!)

No comments: